Menu

Wednesday, 12 June 2019

How Zidane, Real Madrid board clashed over Pogba, Eriksen

How Zidane, Real Madrid board clashed over Pogba, Eriksen

How Zidane, Real Madrid board clashed over Pogba, Eriksen




Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, has won his transfer battle with the club president, Florentino Perez. 
Both men have been at loggerheads, over who is the right man to strengthen the midfield this summer.

Zidane has long made Paul Pogba his No.1 choice, despite United's reticence to sell and a potential £160million transfer fee.

The Frenchman returned to the club in March, nine months after walking out following three successive Champions League titles, on the proviso that he would be handed greater autonomy by the Real Madrid president, including over transfers.

But Perez had preferred Spurs star Christian Eriksen, believing him to be cheaper and more easily accessible, given his contract has just 12 months left to run.

Amid the pair's disagreement, the LaLiga club signed Luka Jovic and Eden Hazard, while Zidane gave into the Madrid boardroom by making Thibaut Courtois his first-choice goalkeeper next term.

But now, after Zidane made it clear that he has no interest in either Ajax youngster Donny van de Beek or Eriksen, Perez is now looking to seal a deal for Pogba.

Sunday, 12 May 2019

Van Dijk Wins EPL Player Of The Season

Van Dijk Wins EPL Player Of The Season

Van Dijk Wins EPL Player Of The Season




Liverpool defender, Virgil van Dijk has been crowned the Premier League’s Player of the Season, just days after he won PFA Players’ Player of the season.
The Holland international, 27, who has been Liverpool’s key player in the 2018-19 Premier League campaign is now the third defender to win the trophy after Nemanja Vidic and Vincent Kompany. 
The winner was decided by a mixture of votes from fans, the captains of the 20 Premier League clubs and a panel of football experts.
Van Dijk who was signed from Southampton in world record £75m deal in 2017, has four Premier League goals this season has also helped Liverpool keep 20 clean sheets in 37 games so far.

Friday, 8 February 2019

“I’m Fighting For My Life” – Ronaldo’s Mum Says As Breast Cancer Returns

“I’m Fighting For My Life” – Ronaldo’s Mum Says As Breast Cancer Returns

“I’m Fighting For My Life” – Ronaldo’s Mum Says As Breast Cancer Returns


Cristiano Ronaldo’s mum has revealed she is “fighting for her life” after a new cancer drama. Mum-of-four Dolores Aveiro beat breast cancer after being diagnosed with the disease in 2007.
Ahead of a trip to Italy to celebrate her footballer son’s 35th birthday after backing him in his fight against rape claims, the mum-of-four admitted to new health problems.
She told a Portuguese TV station in an interview: “I was operated on another breast in Madrid, I’ve had radiotherapy and now I’m fighting for my life.”
The shock confession came after she attacked Cristiano Ronaldo’s rape accuser Kathryn Mayorga over her claims she was raped in a Las Vegas hotel.
Dolores Aveiro said: “I have confidence in my son when it comes to what happened. When she went there, it wasn’t to play cards. It was to do something.
“I know the son I have.” In 2009 former Man U star Cristiano Ronaldo donated £100,000 to build a cancer centre at the hospital that saved his mum’s life.
Cristiano Ronaldo made the generous gift to the Portuguese League Against Cancer in his native Madeira so it could be used to build a centre in the Hospital Central in the island’s capital Funchal.
Dolores Aveiro , 64, had a lump removed from her right breast at the hospital in summer 2007.
Dolores Aveiro later followed a successful course of radiotherapy and was understood to be taking anti-cancer drugs to keep the disease at bay when she suffered her new health scare.

Tuesday, 5 February 2019

Jose Mourinho Sentenced To One-year In Jail For Fraud

Jose Mourinho Sentenced To One-year In Jail For Fraud

Jose Mourinho Sentenced To One-year In Jail For Fraud

Portuguese football coach Jose Mourinho has accepted a one-year jail sentence he won’t have to serve and a fine of close to two million euros for tax fraud as part of a deal with prosecutors revealed Tuesday.
The 56-year-old is accused of committing tax fraud in 2011 and 2012 when he coached Spanish giants Real Madrid.
– AFP

Thursday, 31 January 2019

Manchester United Star Fellaini Finally Joins New Club

Manchester United Star Fellaini Finally Joins New Club

Manchester United Star Fellaini Finally Joins New Club

Manchester United have reached an agreement with Chinese Super League club Shandong Luneng over the transfer of midfielder Marouane Fellaini.
It is understood the Belgium player has already passed his medical and the transfer is close to being completed.
Marouane Fellaini, 31, joined United from Everton for £27m in 2014 when he became the first significant signing after Sir Alex Ferguson’s departure as manager.
He signed a new two-year deal last summer that was due to run until 2020.
However, Marouane Fellaini has managed just three minutes of Premier League action in seven top-flight games under interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and United have decided to cut their losses.

Agent Speaks On Gareth Bale Leaving Real Madrid

Agent Speaks On Gareth Bale Leaving Real Madrid

Agent Speaks On Gareth Bale Leaving Real Madrid


Gareth Bale has “never wanted to leave Real Madrid”, claims his agent Jonathan Barnett, with “jealousy” having led to “really unpleasant” campaigns against the Welshman.
Recent windows have seen plenty of transfer talk sparked around the 29-year-old forward.
He helped to fuel those fires at the end of the 2017-18 campaign, with Bale admitting that he would be weighing up his options on the back of a fourth Champions League triumph.
In the end, Cristiano Ronaldo was the one to depart the Santiago Bernabeu, with his move to Juventus intended to clear the path for Gareth Bale to step up as Madrid talisman.
That has not happened during another injury-hit campaign, but Barnett insists there has never been any suggestion that his client would be looking for a move.
He told Madridista Real:
“Bale’s always felt an important part of this team.
“Like I said before, Bale’s never wanted to leave Real Madrid. He’s really happy at the club and the club are happy with Bale.
“The truth is we’re tired of the stupid stories and lies.”

Tuesday, 22 January 2019

Cardiff striker Sala missing after suspected plane crash

Cardiff striker Sala missing after suspected plane crash

Cardiff striker Sala missing after a suspected plane crash

(FILES) This file photo taken on August 25, 2018 shows Nantes’ Argentinian forward Emiliano Sala at La Beaujoire stadium in Nantes, western France, on August 25, 2018. – Cardiff striker Emiliano Sala was on board of a missing plane that vanished from radar off Alderney in the Channel Islands according to French police sources on January 22, 2019. (Photo by SEBASTIEN SALOM GOMIS / AFP)
Premier League club Cardiff City’s record new signing, Argentine striker Emiliano Sala, was missing on Tuesday after a light aircraft he was travelling in disappeared over the English Channel.
Sala, signed on Saturday from French club Nantes for a reported fee of 17 million euros ($19.3 million), was flying to Cardiff aboard a small plane that disappeared from radars around 20 kilometres (12 miles) north of Guernsey on Monday night.
French civil aviation authorities confirmed that 28-year-old Sala “was on board the plane”.
A statement from police on Guernsey, a British island just off the coast of France, said the pilot had requested to lower his altitude shortly before air traffic control in neighbouring Jersey lost contact with the plane.
After a search was called off on Monday because of high winds, two helicopters, two planes and a lifeboat joined renewed efforts on Tuesday morning to find the single-propeller plane.
“So far over 1,000 square miles have been searched by a total of five aircraft and two lifeboats,” Guernsey police said at 1145 GMT.
“There has been no trace of the aircraft. The search is continuing.”
It is thought Sala was one of two passengers on board, but French civil aviation authorities were unable to confirm that.
Sala, who had been at Nantes since 2015 and had scored 13 goals in all competitions this season, had signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with relegation-threatened Cardiff subject to receiving international clearance.
Neither club has commented publicly on the disappearance, but Nantes have postponed their French Cup match against third-tier side Entente SSG on Wednesday as a mark of respect.
When he put pen to paper at Cardiff on Saturday, Sala, who also has Italian nationality, said in a statement: “I’m very happy to be here. It gives me great pleasure and I can’t wait to start training, meet my new team-mates and get down to work.
“For me it feels special (to be the club’s record signing). I have come here wanting to work and to help my team-mates and the club.”
Sala’s last post on Instagram showed him surrounded by players from Nantes. “La ultima ciao (the last goodbye),” he wrote.
Cardiff, who currently sit third from bottom of the English Premier League with 19 points, said they were “very concerned”.
“We are awaiting confirmation before we can say anything further. We are very concerned for the safety of Emiliano Sala,” the club said in a statement.
The accident, if confirmed, comes only three months after the Thai billionaire owner of Leicester City football club died in a helicopter crash that shocked the club and supporters around the world.
Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and four others died on October 28 shortly after taking off from the pitch of the club’s stadium in central England.
Disconnected cockpit pedals, which are used to control the rotor on the helicopter’s tail, were found to be the cause of the accident by investigators.
‘Likeable lad’
Sala began his footballing career at French club Bordeaux, who he joined in 2010, and spent loan spells at other French clubs including Orleans, Niort and Caen.
He joined Nantes in 2015 for one million euros and appeared to be peaking as a player in recent seasons, overcoming technical shortcomings that had held him back earlier in his career.
He was tipped for a move to Turkish giants Galatasaray last summer.
“He’s a very likeable lad, very hard working,” his coach at Nantes, Vahid Halilhodzic, said of him recently.
Source:

Saturday, 19 January 2019

Alexander-Arnold signs new Liverpool contract

Alexander-Arnold signs new Liverpool contract

TRENT ALEXANDER-ARNOLD PHOTO:AFP

Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold is the latest star to commit his future to the Premier League leaders after signing a long-term contract.Alexander-Arnold’s improved deal is reported to tie him to Liverpool until 2024.
The 20-year-old has emerged as one of Liverpool’s brightest young stars as Jurgen Klopp’s side chase the club’s first English title since 1990.Alexander-Arnold, who joined Liverpool at the age of six, is one of a host of Reds stars who have pledged their futures to the Anfield team.
Andrew Robertson agreed fresh terms earlier this week, following in the footsteps of Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah, Jordan Henderson, Sadio Mane and Joe Gomez, who have all signed new deals since April 2018.
“I’m ecstatic and really proud,” Alexander-Arnold told Liverpool’s website. “I feel privileged to have the support and the trust the club has in me to offer me a new deal.
“There was no doubt in my mind to sign and extend the years I have with the club.
“Hopefully we can achieve a lot of success in those years.”
Alexander-Arnold made his Liverpool debut in October 2016 after graduating from the club’s academy and has since established himself as the Reds’ first-choice right-back.
He made his England debut against Costa Rica last June and was part of Gareth Southgate’s World Cup squad in Russia.
“As soon as they offered the contract, there was no hesitation whatsoever,” added Alexander-Arnold, who has made 67 appearances for Liverpool.
“The thing that made it easiest for me was having the people around me to make sure I was able to focus on football as much as possible and get the deal done as soon as possible.”

Source:

Transfer: Morata agrees to join Atletico Madrid from Chelsea

Transfer: Morata agrees to join Atletico Madrid from Chelsea

Transfer: Morata agrees to join Atletico Madrid from Chelsea


Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata has agreed to join Atletico Madrid in this January transfer window.
This claim was made by respected Spanish football pundit, Guillem Balague.
According to Balague, the deal is subject to Chelsea signing a replacement and Atletico selling striker, Nikola Kalinic.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are believed to have agreed a deal with Juventus to sign striker, Gonzalo Higuain this month on loan until the end of the season.
“Morata has already agreed deal with Atletico Madrid. It seems to be a matter of finding a buyer for (Nikola) Kalinic,” Balague told BBC Radio 5 live.
“Everything else seems to be in place for Morata to abandon what feels like a nightmare.”
Morata has struggled at Stamford Bridge since joining Chelsea from Real Madrid last summer.
The 26-year-old was dropped by Blues manager, Maurizio Sarri in Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Newcastle United in the Premier League encounter last weekend.
Chelsea will now tackle Arsenal in their next Premier League fixture on Saturday.
Source:

Tuesday, 25 September 2018

FIFA Best Player!! Eden Hazard Speaks On The Player He Voted For (Guess Who??)

FIFA Best Player!! Eden Hazard Speaks On The Player He Voted For (Guess Who??)

FIFA Best Player!! Eden Hazard Speaks On The Player He Voted For (Guess Who??)


Chelsea forward, Eden Hazard has revealed that he voted for Real Madrid midfielder, Luka Modric, to win the Best FIFA Men’s Player award.
Modric won the award ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Mohamed Salah.
It’s the first time since 2006 that Barcelona icon Lionel Messi has not been among the candidates for FIFA’s top award, and also the first time someone else won the award outside Messi or Ronaldo.
The nominees were voted for by national team coaches (25%), national team captains (25%), select media representatives (25%) and via an online vote (25%).
Speaking with reporters at the event, Hazard said, “I voted for Luka Modric, but Mo Salah is my friend so I would like him to win.”
.

Saturday, 22 September 2018

EX-SUPER EAGLES PLAYER CHARGED WITH TRAFFICKING DRUGS IN SWEDEN

Former Premier League star Dickson Etuhu has reportedly been charged with bribery and a minor drugs offence. The 36-year-old former Super Eagles midfielder, who denied the claim, has been charged after an 18-month investigation in Sweden.


The former Manchester City, Preston, Norwich, Fulham, Blackburn and Sunderland midfielder has been accused of offering a bribe to his former AIK Stockholm team-mate Kenny Stamatopoulos to fix a match against Gothenburg last year.


Swedish authorities became aware of the allegations and canceled the game. Swedish FA Secretary-General Hakan Sjostrand claimed a “very large amount of money” had been offered as well as a number of “veiled threats”.


Etuhu’s lawyer Johan Akermark denied the allegations to Fotbollskanalen.
He said,
Quote
“He has not offered any bribe and he does not know anything about any bribe. He had a snack with the AIK goalkeeper, they knew each other and used to meet for lunch. He has an explanation of what happened and we will present it during the trial.”

Etuhu ended his career in Sweden after 14 years playing in England and now works as an agent.
He was part of former England manager Roy Hodgson’s Fulham side that finished runners-up in the 2010 Europa League. Etuhu won 33 caps for his country and represented them at the 2010 World Cup.

The Times also report that Etuhu was charged with a minor drugs offence after cocaine was found during a search of his property.

Thursday, 20 September 2018

BREAKING: AMAJU PINNICK RE-ELECTED AS NFF PRESIDENT

BREAKING: AMAJU PINNICK RE-ELECTED AS NFF PRESIDENT

BREAKING: Amaju Pinnick Re-Elected As NFF President



Mr Amaju Pinnick has been re-elected as President of the Nigeria Football Federation.
Pinnick won the NFF election, held in Katsina State, by securing 34 votes out of 44 possible votes.
His closest rival Aminu Maigari got eight votes, while Taiwo Ogunjobi secured two votes.
A fourth candidate, Chinedu Okoye did not get any vote.

Sunday, 26 August 2018

Celebrations as Enyimba Stadium re-opens in grand style

Celebrations as Enyimba Stadium re-opens in grand style

Celebrations as Enyimba Stadium re-opens in grand style

The commercial city of Aba came alive on Sunday as the remodeled Enyimba International stadium Aba re-opened in grand style with a novelty match between Ex-Super Eagles players and Former Enyimba football club Stars.

The 20, 000 capacity edifice was packed full as early as 2pm as Aba football fans who have longed for action at the stadium trooped out in their numbers to watch the game.

Abia state Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, who kicked off the novelty match at the stadium, expressed happiness that the project has been delivered to the delight of Abians.

Former Super Eagles Players, including Samson Siasia, Taribo West, Yisa Sofoluwe, Garba Lawal, Mutiu Adepoju, Austin Eguavon, Daniel Amokachi, Uche Okechukwu, Aloy Agu, among others, lost 0.1 to the former Enyimba players after missing two penalty kicks awarded to them.

The stadium is now ready to host Carra Brazzaville of DR Congo in Enyimba's last group game of the CAF Confederation Cup on Wednesday.

Ex-Eagles line up
Alloy Agu
Austine Eguavon
Uche Okechukwu
Taribo West
Daniel Amokachi
Samson Siasia
Mutiu Adepoju
Garba Lawal
Yisa Shofoluwe
Ndukwe Chukwu
Lawrence Ukaegbu.

Ex-Enyimba line up
Emeka Obi,
Benbella Onwuchuruba,
Igwe Madubuike,
Paul Arowa,
Okechukwu Anyaele,
Osaye Iguebor,
Royal Osuoha,
Andrew Ariguzo,
Ikechukwu Nwaimo,
John Bosco Ibeka,
Okorie Igwe,
Ibe Osueke,
Budigier,Ndidi Anumuanu,
Emeka Nwanna,
Bethel Orji,
John Obu
Coach Imo


Monday, 23 July 2018

PHOTOS: NEW ENYIMBA STADIUM IS WORLD CLASS - OKECHUKWU, EX-EAGLES CAPTAIN

New Enyimba stadium is world class- Okechukwu, Ex-Eagles Captain

Former Super Eagles Captain, Uche Okechukwu, has described the new Enyimba International FC Stadium in Aba as simply the best and world class.

The former super eagles defender who was fondly called “gentle giant” during his playing days, commended Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State for ensuring that such world class facility is in the state, saying that the facility will attract the best football competitions to Aba.

He made his feelings known after he was conducted round the stadium, which is still under reconstruction, by the Contractor, Moni Michelle.

“I have been told about the work going on at the Stadium, and I have also seen pictures on social media, so I decided to come and see for myself.

“What we have here is simply the best. The turf is world class. The facility we have here today will attract the best football competitions to Aba. Enyimba FC can now boast of having a world class pitch for their games. Every footballer will like to play here. It is one of the best I have seen. This is lovely and good. I can feel the pitch even as I walk round it. It is very soft. It’s marvelous. I can’t wait to see Enyimba play here again and I am happy this is happening in our time.

“I must commend our Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, for bringing this world class facility to Aba. It will encourage interest in football and other sports.”

Okechukwu is currently funding a football academy in Aba, known as Greater Abia Football Academy.